The Australian Herb and Spice Industry Association (AHSIA) is please to invite industry participants to a future directions seminar.
This seminar will showcase innovative herb and spice business models across a range of sectors from culinary to medicinal crops, from protected cropping to organic and field grown production. The seminar will also provide a platform for discussion on new opportunities, challenges and future directions for the Australian Herb and Spice Industry.
The seminar is being held in conjunction with the New Rural Industries Australia (NRIA) Conference at Ballarat, Victoria – further details below.
Don’t miss this informative seminar program and what is shaping up to be a great conference – looking forward to seeing you in Ballarat.
AUSTRALIAN HERB AND SPICE INDUSTRY FUTURE DIRECTIONS SEMINAR
When: Wednesday 18 April, 2012, commencing at 1.00 pm and concluding at 5.00 pm
Where: Eureka Ballroom, Mercure Hotel and Convention Centre, 613 Main Rd Ballarat 3350, Vic.
Cost: $50 per person (payment by cash or cheque on the day)
RSVP: For catering purposes, please confirm your attendance no later than Monday 16th April to email: email@example.com or Mobile: 0418 839 836
(Speaker profiles included in the attached seminar program)
- 1.00 pm – Welcome and Introduction – “Future challenges for the Australian Herb & Spice Industry” – Robert Hayes, President of the Australian Herb and Spice Industry Association Ltd (AHSIA).
- 1.25 pm – “A new face and a different way” – Jan Vydra, Director of Australian Freshleaf, and 2011 Australian Young Farmer of the Year.
- 1.50 pm – “The Barden Produce story” – Andrew Drummond, Managing Director of Barden Produce.
- 2.15 pm – “Going Organic” – Michael Brouwer, of Southern Light Herbs.
- 2.40 pm – Refreshment break
- 3.00 pm – New opportunities for the Australian herb and spice industry” – Ben White, CEO of New Rural Industries Australia (NRIA).
- 3.25 pm – “Commercial opportunities for Australian herb and spice producers in the complementary medicines industry” – speaker tbc
- 4.50 pm – Panel discussion – moderator Peter McFarlane, McFarlane Strategic Services.
- 4.50 pm – Summation – Robert Hayes, President of AHSIA.
- 5.00 pm – Seminar Close.
Further details and updates will be posted on the AHSIA website at: http://web.ahsia.org.au/
Evening: Restaurant recommendation – Veer Italia is within walking distance at 429 Main Road Ballarat, ph 03 5332 4922 www.veeritalia.com.au