Why become a PCA Member?
Because your core greenhouse &/or hydroponic business is represented by one of the following:
These are the industry sectors in our membership:
- Fruit &/or Vegetable growers
e.g. tomato, capsicum, cucumber, eggplant, strawberriy, raspberry, blueberry
- Flower growers
e.g. cut flowers, ornamentals, Australian natives
- Leafy Green growers
e.g. lettuce, herbs, Asian greens, aquaponics
- Allied Trade
e.g. suppliers, manufacturers, Govt. Depts, education providers, publishers
PCA is distinct from other associations because it is targeted on the specialist greenhouse and hydroponic growing industry
Your membership entitlements are:
- Quarterly subscription to Soilless Australia 32 page gloss trade journal
- Bi-monthly subscription to Dutch Flora Culture International magazine
- Discounted water & nutrient laboratory analysis at Agvita Analytical
- Discounted delegate registration @ PCA & HFF conferences plus overseas study tours
- Electricity Discounts for PCA MembersStaying in the loop
- PCA Travel Club
- Electricity Discounts for PCA Full & Affiliate members.
- National advocacy plus industry representation to government and regulatory bodies eg. Working/Advisory Groups Pesticide Residue Forum, AgVet Forums
- Grower workshops and seminars
- Facilitation of industry applications to regulatory authorities including minor use permits
- Funding plus in-kind support for industry R&D activities
- PCA Facebook page
- New PCA website June 2016
- 13 biennial national conferences since 1990
- Host of International Convention + Exhibition on Soilless Culture (ICESC 2015)
- Four overseas Greenhouse Study Tours inc North America in 2014
- Tertiary curriculum in greenhouse management
- Grower workshops in Coffs Harbour NSW and Virginia SA
- National Waste-Water Recirculation Workshops
- APVMA permit holder for Aplaud (for Greenhouse Whitefly) in protected tomatoes.
IN PROGRESS PROJECTS
Areas the PCA Board has in the pipeline ahead:
- Future Growing – 14th biennial conference – Adelaide July 9-12 2017
- Greenhouse Construction Code and Reference Manual
- State based grower workshops
- Australian Greenhouse Study Tour
- Bt bumblebee greenhouse trial in Tasmania, following legal clearance
- Greenhouse Insurance Package for members
- National Training Centres (NTC) for Controlled Environment Horticulture (CEH)
- Greenhouse Tomato Levy Consultation
What is Protected Cropping Australia?
Since 1990 we have been holding biennial conferences to provide both intending and commerical growers an opportunity to learn and network with industry leaders, and visit hydroponic and greenhouse farms. The lectures are published in books available for sale online.
Originally called Australian Hydroponic Assocation Inc (AHA), then the Australian Hydroponic & Greenhouse Association Inc (AHGA and now Protected Cropping Australia Ltd (PCA). This restructure was in honour of professionally representing the entire ‘controlled environment horticulture’ (CEH) industry with the four distinct membership sectors and positions on the Board.
Protected Cropping Australia Ltd may not endorse the products or services offered by the companies that are linked and any link may be removed at any time at our discretion
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request adding your reciprocal link.
Purchase a Membership Subscription
New memberships will incur a joining fee of $125, which will be added to your cart.
Note: If the joining fee is not being added on to your new membership, please also add the Joining Fee.